The annual Homeless Point-In Time Count will take place in Hillsborough County on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
The annual Homeless Count in Hillsborough County is coordinated by the Tampa/Hillsborough County Continuum of Care (CoC), led by the Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative in conjunction with community partners. The data, collected through a short survey and observation during the Homeless Count, provides a Point-In-Time (PIT) ‘snapshot’ as to what the homeless population in our community looks like during a single, 24-hour period to help community planners better understand, through demographic information, who is homeless, why, and for how long.
YOU can HELP us, HELP OUR Homeless Neighbors:
- Help conduct the Street Count or Youth Count – Visit the 2019 Homeless PIT Count Volunteer Page to learn more about volunteer options. (http://thhi.org/volunteer/)
- Make a Monetary Contribution to help provide supplies needed to conduct the PIT Count. Monetary donations can be made online (http://thhi.org/take-action/donate) or mailed to: Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative, PO Box 1110, Tampa, FL 33601-1101
- Donate travel-size items listed below to be given to homeless persons who participate in completing the PIT Count Survey:
- Socks (most needed are adult male, basic colors)
- Rain Ponchos
- Wet Wipes
- Combs and Brushes
HOST A COLLECTION DRIVE
- If you are interested in hosting a collection drive at your work, faith community, school or other service-oriented organization, please contact us at info@THHI.org.
All donated items are needed by Friday, February 8, 2019.