The Rank and Review Committee will serve as the work group for the CoC with the responsibility of assisting in meeting the goals of the 5-year Strategy to Address Homelessness in Tampa/Hillsborough County.
This includes developing recommendations for system of care improvements, coordination, and committee policies/standards/models of care, system and program performance, developing tools to review and rank applications for funding, and provide recommendations for performance standards for funded projects.
- Establish performance targets appropriate for population and program type in consultation with recipients and sub-recipients, monitor recipient and sub- recipient performance, evaluate outcomes, and actions to take against poor performers.
- Develop a process for approving the submission of applications in response to a NOFA published by HUD and Requests for Proposals published by the Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative (THHI) in concert with all funding priorities and the priorities and plan adopted by the CoC.
- Develop a tool for reviewing project threshold to ensure that all project applications are submitted by eligible applicants
- Review and rank all applications submitted in response to Request for Proposal for funding.
- To align with conflict of interest best practices, a Rank and Review Committee member must recuse themselves entirely from the grant review, discussion and selection process and may not score, or vote on any proposed grant project if a member of the Rank and Review Committee themselves, or a known family member, is employed by an agency submitting an application for review under a specific grant cycle.
The framework detailed is compiled from the following federal regulations: Continuum of Care Federal Register 24 CFR Part 578, HEARTH Emergency Solutions Grant Federal Register 24 CFR Part 576, and also the FY2016 CoC Program Registration Notice Docket No. FR-5934-N-01.