The annual Homeless Point-In Time Count will take place in Hillsborough County on
Thursday, February 20, 2020.
650 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Brandon * Downtown Tampa * Plant City * Town N’ Country * Ruskin * University * Westshore Area * West Tampa * Ybor City (Youth Count)
Various volunteer shifts will be available between 7am and 8pm on the day of the Count.
The annual Homeless Count in Hillsborough County is coordinated by the Tampa/Hillsborough County Continuum of Care (CoC), led by the Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative in conjunction with community partners. The data, collected through a short survey and observation during the Homeless Count, provides a Point-In-Time (PIT) ‘snapshot’ as to what the homeless population in our community looks like during a single, 24-hour period to help community planners better understand, through demographic information, who is homeless, why, and for how long.
YOU can HELP us, HELP OUR Homeless Neighbors:
- Volunteering on February 20, 2020 to help conduct the Street Count – Visit the 2020 Homeless PIT Count Volunteer Page to learn more about volunteer options. Volunteer Sign Up will open January 2, 2020.
- Make a Monetary Contribution to help provide supplies needed to conduct the PIT Count. Monetary donations can be made online (https://thhi.org/take-action/donate) or mailed to: Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative, PO Box 1110, Tampa, FL 33601-1101
- Donate travel-size items listed below to be given to homeless persons who participate in completing the PIT Count Survey:
- Socks (most needed are adult male, basic colors)
- Rain Ponchos
- Wet Wipes
- Combs and Brushes
- Visit the Point-in-Time Count COMMAND CENTER at Sparkman Wharf from 11am-6pm on the day of the Count. Thursday, February 20, 2020 to view the LIVE results!
HOST A COLLECTION DRIVE
- If you are interested in hosting a collection drive at your work, faith community, school or other service-oriented organization, please contact us at info@THHI.org.
All donated items are needed by Friday, February 7, 2020.