The Purpose of the Outreach Committee is to outline the goals of outreach programs within the Tampa/Hillsborough County Continuum of Care (CoC) and the policies and procedures by which those goals will be met.
Outreach must be carried out within the Tampa/Hillsborough County CoC with the goal of:
- Reducing the number of unsheltered homeless individuals and families as outlined in the Tampa-Hillsborough County Continuum of Care: Five Year Strategic Plan on Homelessness.
- Increasing the utilization rates of emergency shelter, transitional housing, and safe haven among those serviced by an outreach provider, as demonstrated by Point-in-Time and Housing Inventory Chart data.
Additionally, outreach providers are charged with the following:
- Covering the geographical area of our CoC in its entirety,
- Conducting outreach in a structured manner on a regular basis, and
- Targeting those least likely to reach out for traditional services.