Date Opened 1/28/2019
Filing Deadline Until Filled
Salary $40,000 – $45,000 /Year
Department Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative, Inc.
Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative is seeking a full-time Contract Manager. Under the direction of the Senior Contract Manager, the incumbent will develop contract agreements, process billing reimbursements, monitor and provide technical assistance to providers of emergency shelter/bridge housing, rapid rehousing, and permanent supportive housing projects to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines. The Contract Manager must be able to work independently on tasks from conception to completion, be detailed oriented, have a can do attitude, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Qualified applicants must possess excellent communication/customer service skills (written and oral), understand basic budgeting and finance principles, be team-work oriented, problem solver, and have the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities and a variety of complex tasks. Applicants must possess computer skills to operate internal/external data-based management systems, Microsoft Office and Outlook; have excellent attendance/punctuality, the ability to prioritize and act on time-sensitive matters, while handling an extremely fast-paced, demanding, and heavy workload. The Contract Manager must be creative and enjoy working within a small, super-fast-paced environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter via Indeedjobs.com at:
In reporting to the Senior Contract Manager, the roles and responsibilities of the Contract Manager will be, but is not all-encompassing of the duties:
Contracts and Compliance
• Assist with budget development; ensure project descriptions and outcomes align with eligible activities and established performance standards for funded projects
• Ensure assigned contracts are developed and executed in a timely manner
•Provide contract specific training to staff working on funded projects
•Assist with the completion of required reports to funding entities
• Timely detailed review and approval of funded project’s reimbursement requests based on budgets, expenditure documentation and eligible cost regulations
• Monitor funded project’s expenditure rate to ensure full funding is utilized by end of contract term
Reporting and Data Analysis
• Develop a detailed understanding of Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) data reports utilized by funded projects
• Complete detailed reviews of HMIS data reports to ensure project performance outcomes are being met
• Complete data quality reviews on data entered by HMIS partner agencies.
• Assist HMIS team with lockouts and basic tickets in ZenDesk
Technical Assistance and Monitoring
• Provide technical assistance to funded projects’ staff, and other homeless service providers to implement best practices, improve processes, ensure eligible expenditures and, accurate data entry, workflow, and reporting
• Ensure funded projects are meeting all contract and regulatory requirements through desk and on-site monitoring.
• Assist with the completion of the HUD CoC Collaborative Application and its components for submission; which includes reviewing the project applications and reports.
Continuum of Care (CoC) and Community Engagement
• Assist in the application of various local, state, and federal grant opportunities
• Assist in preparation for requests for proposals including development of required documents, workshops and review of proposals received
• Serve as staff liaison to CoC committee(s)
• Provide and assist with on-going training on local, state, and federal required rules and regulations for CoC implementation
• Represent THHI at community and stakeholder events
Special Projects and Initiatives
• Assists with the planning and coordination of community-wide initiatives to include the Annual Homeless Point-In-Time Count, Operation: REVEILLE, and other initiatives
• Assist with the development of organizational and Continuum of Care written standards, system tools, policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors
- Expert level of written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with the ability to apply key concepts across multiple processes
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
A Bachelor’s degree in Business/Public Administration, Finance, or a related field; and two years of recent full time paid experience monitoring social service programs and/or grants, preferably in the area of housing/homeless services, and some experience in writing proposals; OR, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Documentation of academic achievement must be submitted by the time of the oral interview. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
License and Insurance: Applicant must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license and current vehicle insurance while employed by the Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative, Inc.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions and the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
The Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative does not discriminate by reason of race, sex, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.